How much roof area is required to set up the grid connected rooftop solar system?
About 10sq.m area is required to set up 1 kWp grid connected rooftop solar system. for ex installation of 5 KW system will require 50 sq.m south facing shadow free area.
How the consumer will be compensated for excess electricity injected in Grid by the Rooftop Solar PV system installed?
In case of electricity injected in the Grid exceeds the electricity consumed by the consumer in the billing period ( Monthly electricity bill ), such excess injected electricity shall be carried forward to the next billing period as electricity credit and may be utilized to net electricity injected or consumed in future billing periods but within the settlement period (from 1st of October in an English calendar year and ending with the 30th of the September of next year ).
What is subsidy available on installation of Grid connected Solar Rooftop Power Plants ?
A provision of Central Financial Assistance of 30% of the total cost. This CFA is available only for following categories.
- All types of residential buildings
- Institutional : School health institutions including medical colleges & hospitals, universities, educational institutions etc.[including those registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and the Indian Trust Act 1882.
- Social Sector Community centres, Welfare homes, old age homes, orphanages, common service centres, common workshops for artisans or craftsman, facilities for use of community. Trusts/ NGO voluntary organization /training institutions, any other establishments for common public use etc. [including those registered under the Societies Registration Act under the societies Registration act 1860 and the Indian Trust Act 1882.1
NO CFA is available for
(a) Private Industrial and commercial Profit making establishments, which claim, accelerated depreciation.
(i)Companies registered under the Company Act 1956/2013 other than registered under Section 25/8
(ii) Company/firms registered with Central/state government authority (SIDC, DIC)
(iii) Company. registered under Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) act 2008 iv) Partnerships firm registered under Partnerships Act 1932
(v) Shops and establishment Act
(vi) Multi state cooperative society Act
(vii) SSI (Small Scale Industries) h) Proprietorship Firms
(b) Government/Govt aided/Semi Govt/PSU organisations /Institutions.
Is it required by consumer to change the electrical meter already installed in his premises?
Yes for a net metered Solar system, Bidirectional meter will have to be installed .This appropriate meter may be procured ,installed and maintained by the Distribution licensee at the cost of the consumer ,or the consumer if desires may procure the meter at its level and present the same to Distribution licensee for testing and installation.
Is any provision for availing loans for solar rooftop systems available?
Department of Financial services has instructed to all Public Sector Banks to encourage home loan/ home improvement loan seekers to install rooftop solar PV plants and include cost of system in their home loan proposals. So far, nine PSBs namely Bank of India, Syndicate Bank, State Bank of India, Dena Bank , Central Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Allahabad Bank, Indian Bank and Indian Overseas Bank have given instructions to extend loan for Grid Interactive Rooftop Solar PV Plants as home loan/ home improvement loan.
In case of grid failure, is there any chance of shocks to the person who is repairing?
In case the grid fails, the solar power has to be fully utilized or stopped immediately feeding to the grid so as to safe-guard any grid person/technician from getting shock (electrocuted) while working on the grid for maintenance etc. This feature is termed as ‘Islanding Protection’.
Is there any performance guarantee?
- Complete operations & maintenance for 5 years.
- Solar PV Modules shall carry a performance warranty of guaranteed output of 90% of the rated output for first 10 years and 80% for the next 15 years.
- Inverters shall carry a warranty of 5 years from the date of supply against any manufacturing defects.
What maintenance is required for Solar Panels?
Clean water and a little scrubbing with a coarse cloth covered sponge or soft brush will remove the most stubborn grime.
What is the procedure of installation of Grid Connected Rooftop Solar Plant?
- Scoping of project.
- Surveying the site.
- Sizing the solar system
and others (approval from state nodal agency, submission of subsidy documents, site inspection and other legal procedures) are carried by the company.